Extra help is always appreciated and joining in is a great way to make new friends within the parish community, as well as making a valuable contribution to the life of this busy parish. Please contact the Parish Office if you would like to find out more.
Check out the activities below and ring / email if you’d like to get involved. You don’t have to be an expert – no one is – we’re all just willing helpers!
Children’s Liturgy / Little Church
- working alongside the catechists to help nursery / primary school age children to understand the gospel message each week through a range of activities: craft work / singing / story-telling. This takes place during 9.15am Mass on Sundays – except for the 1st Sunday of the month.
- Singing is another form of praying, plus it’s been medically proven to aid health and well-being. You don’t need to have a wonderful voice, nor do you have to be able to read music. Help is provided. There’s no solo work – just enthusiasm and a love for music. We sing at every first Sunday of the month. and for special feasts / occasions eg 1st Communion, Easter and Christmas. Come and give it a go - you'll be made most welcome!
Preparing food / drink for coffee mornings
- The first Sunday of every month, after 9.15am Mass
- Help and guidance is offered for this very up-lifting activity - and the more helpers, the merrier.
Church Cleaning / Gardening
- No skills required, just a couple of hours every other week. Lawnmower provided!
- Volunteers visit the housebound to offer company, prayers - and tea and biscuits!
Other roles include reading at Mass, altar serving (boys and girls), helping to organise events to raise funds for groups like CAFOD, Mary’s Meals and Aid for the Church in Need.